Friday, January 1, 2010

i'm awake alone on new years, so i blog

Hello 2010. Goodbye 2009.

Is it really a good goodbye? I can't tell yet. My 2009 was full...

I finished my first year of college*I made peace with a longtime grudge*I changed my major approximately 9 times*I trained for a half marathon*I ran a half marathon*I worked three jobs*I sent a high school boyfriend on a mission*I watched too much Grey's Anatomy*I quit watching so much Grey's Anatomy because it was making me uninteresting*I met a boy and cried over a few*I met the exotic redrock of southern Utah*I got an ugly haircut and learned patience in growing it out*I finally got brave enough to start a blog*I got a flip flop tan line for the first time in my life {a huge accomplishment, I know}*I was there when Miley got the stomach flu in concert*I made it through a semester of my sophomore year of college*I'm trying to decide if I have the drive to make it through another one...

It was good. There are good times and bad, but rolled together it was beautiful.

I realized today that every single person on the planet has one thing in common at least: we're all subject to time. We all just ride the wave making good choices or bad, going down separate paths but we're all headed for the same destination...the end. Which definitely freaks me out, so I'm not going to talk anymore about that little part of it. But I think it's interesting how none of us have any control over how quickly time passes. All we can do is make the trip worth it.

On another note, it's 2:15am right now, January 1. I'm awake by myself watching an episode of Gossip Girl I've already seen. Leah and Levi are in here but sleeping...somehow I always manage to stay up way later than everyone else. I think there's this little person in the back of my head telling me I have to stay awake later than everyone else and get up earlier so I don't miss a thing {at least when I'm home}.

Tomorrow I leave. I leave my favorite place in the world. And, unsurprisingly, I procrastinate when it comes to things I dread. So I haven't packed anything, and the hours are quickly passing by. Was it really 2 and a half hours ago that the page turned from 2009 to 2010?

No comments: