Friday, January 1, 2010

i raise my glass of sparkling cider, here's to you

To the Edward poster on my ceiling: you're beautiful. I'm sorry I switched back and forth between you and the perfectly imperfect werewolf this year...deep down I'll always prefer you even though the other isn't scrawny, pasty, or hairy.

To the boys who broke my heart in 2009: I cried a lot of tears because of you. Thank heavens I was smart enough to lose you while I still had the chance. And I hope you don't read this. Or maybe I do...

To Porter: I just thought you should know that my heart shattered when you got sick this summer. You're the cutest little boy I've ever known, and I hope someday you'll talk to me on the phone when I'm away.

To the One: You're out there somewhere, and I think about you once in a while. I wonder if you think of me too.

To my big little sister: Remember how you've been a head shorter than me our whole lives until recently? You grew up this year, and I'm proud of you. You are the chorus to that Hilary Duff song--special, beautiful, wonderful, unstoppable. Don't ever quit being incredible.

To the moonlight outside my window: I'm glad you're visiting even in winter...thanks for reminding me of the summer magic I can anticipate.

To my Double Chocolate Baby Lava Cakes: Thanks for turning out so lovely tonight, you were fabulous and I'll make you again.

To Vienna: I hope you are as wonderful as I imagine.

To my alarm clock: Quit shouting 3:15am at me in blood red, I know what time it is without you staring at me.

To my parents: I can be so immature sometimes. {Okay, a lot of the time, sorry about that.} I think it's just because I'm scared of growing up. I don't want to love anything more than home, thanks for making it that extraordinary.

To my running shoes: You came through.

To Pam, Jim, and the rest of The Office: I can't get enough.

To Serena van der Woodsen: I want your hair. I want your wardrobe. I want your perfectly perfect personal style. I want your legs. I want your boyfriend. But I won't hold it against you, we can still be friends.

To my little brother: You're shaving already?! Stop growing up, you'll be bigger than me soon. Next time I come home you better not have to give a talk or sit in the back during church--sacrament meeting isn't fun without someone to giggle with.

To Meredith Grey: I don't like you, but you're the one for Dr. Shepard, so stop torturing the poor man and marry him already.

To the Juicy Couture glasses in the window: Someday...

To Widda Miss: You're cute and sweet, even with all that Avril anger. You might be embarrassed, but I always wanna hold your hand, little girl.

To 2009: You did good.


1 comment:

karajean said...

Love this so much :) Especially the letter to all the {silly} boys who broke your heart this year. I'm right there with you. And I am sure I'll rack up plenty more heartaches this year. Bring them on!