Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, oh, take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above.
{come thou fount of every blessing}
Insanely beautiful.
I think I hear this hymn during the times my heart is searching...reaching through the night and longing for the day.
Sometimes I forget that He surrounds me, body and soul, always.
I forget that He cries when I cry. He is near when I lie awake in the silent darkness. He knows the secrets of my heart.
He is my hope and my light.
He "reaches my reaching" to lead me through the night and into the day.



3 comments:
{my favorite}. I'm making a video of Stephen and this is the beginning son... thus far. Beautiful song. AND... I usually have that song as my blog music. BUT not currently. Liked this post.
I love this song. Last Sunday a few boys sang it during church (right after my talk) and I was a little afraid I was going to start bawling right there on the stand. Thanks for giving me a reminder to listen to it in the middle of the week.
P.S. I love the Duffy song in your sidebar. It will be the soundtrack to my morning, thanks to you.
Post a Comment